Got our date

EloiseMum

Eloise having her pump fitted on 6th December she has gone for the Veo pump anyone else on this??
Im nervous but excited for her too she cant wait to not have to inject every time she eats xx

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,

I'm getting one of those on Jan 17th. A bit older than Eloise, but just as excited. Can't wait!

Sam.

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm getting the Veo - haven't had a trial, just a talk from the nurses and other pump users, then a session with the pump sales reps.

Decided on the Veo so I can use the CGMS when necessary. I borrowed a continuous glucose monitoring system once before from my diabetes centre and it was soooo useful. Won't use it 24/7, but it'll be great for tracking fasting values, different activities, etc.

Do you know anyone else with a pump? Have you had one on trial? How old is Eloise?

Sam.

EloiseMum

She is 10 she was diagnosed in September, we have had a trial with two pumps, she found wearing them ok and said the needle change hurt same as needle. Don't know anyone else on pump just what ive read on forums facebook diabetes groups etc...

She decided its what she wanted I was worried about her having to wear it all the time but then i'm not the one having to inject every time I eat, reading more about it I think she will benefit from it.
I like that can use the CGMS too going to see if we can do this for fist couple of weeks till we get her levels right :)