ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i saw the diabetic nurse last week and she is pleased with my daytime readings but was worried about the early morning readings.
she spoke to my gp and the surgery rang this morning and he is prescribing me with a accu chek monitor, test strips and lancets
he will only prescribe 50 test strips and 50 lancets a month as he only wants me to test first thing in the morning

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Great news indeed - you'll find this a fantastic help in managing your glucose levels.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is great news Ally. I'm pleased your nurse has appreciated your efforts. Is it an Accu Chek Mobile monitor? I have one of those but use my Codefree. The Mobile test cassettes are very, very, very expensive.

I hope you are ignoring his advice to only test in the mornings? You know yourself how well you are doing through constant testing your meals.

I was also wondering why your morning readings are still in double figures whilst your day time ones have come down. Could this be partly to do with anything you eat or drink during the evening?

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
alamp i,m using a codefree monitor which i buy the lancets and test strips

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
bluetit, i will carry on using the coderee to test during the day
i don,t eat anything after tea so i,ve no idea why they are high in the mornings
it isn,t a mobile one as far as i am aware but i don,t know the difference between a mobile and an ordinary monitor

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anicdotally the morning fasting levels are the last to drop - try searching on the forum for "Dawn Phenominuim" (sic)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ally - I posted on your other thread, before I saw this one, so I won't add anything else to the other one.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hope your good progress continues Ally :)