Grateful!!

Mandi05

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone! I’m forever grateful for this group, can’t say that enough!
I was diagnosed 4 days before Christmas and my Hba1c on diagnosis was 103 mmol/mol and today 3 months down the line my Hba1c has gone down to 48 mmol/mol !!
When I first got the diagnosis I felt like my world had come to an end, I took it very hard but when I joined this group everything changed for the better. I’ve learnt a lot and I continue to learn every day. I know I’m headed in the right direction now, thanks for your help guys, very much appreciated :):):)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fantastic achievement.

Well done!

You should take the credit as you have done all the hard work.

However, I know what you mean about the great members on this forum. They are life savers. :)

Mandi05

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Fantastic achievement.

Well done!

You should take the credit as you have done all the hard work.

However, I know what you mean about the great members on this forum. They are life savers. :)

Thank you

Mandi05

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Congrats @Mandi05 can you share how you did it?

@HeathKick2017 thank you. To be honest I didn’t get much support from my GP and my DN. I was often told to follow the NHS eat well plate and control my portions. That’s it!!
But here I learnt that LCHF diet was the best approach. So I cut down the carbs to 30g per day and increased healthy fats from e.g cheese, butter, olives etc I have my cuppa with double cream instead of skim/semi skimmed milk, completely cut out bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, I eat lots of veges that grow above the ground with loads of lean meat. Another good thing that I was advised on here was to eat to my meter as in like testing (finger pricking) before and 2 hours after my meals, that way I got to know the foods that spike my glucose levels and the foods that I can tolerate. It wasn’t easy at first because I craved sugar and carbs terribly but I’m good now and I’ve even lost just over a stone.
I try to move a little bit more than I used to as well :)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Super Turnaround! Well done that lass!

Reactions: Mandi05

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Mandi05 wow well done you. I agree - what would we do without this forum but give yourself a congratulatory pat on the back too for how hard you’ve worked sticking at it and getting these results - well done you. Now you’ve got the knowledge and have applied it to your body for so long - this way of eating will continue to ensure that the only way is down! The bg numbers of course!

tayelola

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is one thing to offer pieces of advice and it's another to head the advice. Hence you deserve to be congratulated as join others in doing so. Keep it up.

Mandi05

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@Mandi05 wow well done you. I agree - what would we do without this forum but give yourself a congratulatory pat on the back too for how hard you’ve worked sticking at it and getting these results - well done you. Now you’ve got the knowledge and have applied it to your body for so long - this way of eating will continue to ensure that the only way is down! The bg numbers of course!

Thank you