Great News

Hansi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
A recent blood test shows that my HBA1C was 61 in November but is now 47. Just a few more months and I'll be diabetes free! All down to healthy eating, walking and weight loss. No meds! Also lost two inches off my waist, and had to get rid of two suits last week and bought a new one. Waist size down from 38 to 36 and can actually squeeze into a 34!

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Great reductions in HbA1c and weight @Hansi, well done! :)
And thanks for posting, it's always good to hear success stories and encouraging for others too.

Reactions: Angelofthemarches

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
A recent blood test shows that my HBA1C was 61 in November but is now 47. Just a few more months and I'll be diabetes free! All down to healthy eating, walking and weight loss. No meds! Also lost two inches off my waist, and had to get rid of two suits last week and bought a new one. Waist size down from 38 to 36 and can actually squeeze into a 34!
Well done! There's nothing quite like rediscovering your smaller sized wardrobe (I'm down 2 dress sizes courtesy of nearly 3 stone weight lost). I'd forgotten I had some of the stuff I have rediscovered!

Jillytee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant :happy: well done, it takes guts to stay focused and change your lifestyle! But so worth it when you get the results you want and new clothes as well :)

Reactions: Prem51

Hansi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Even better news now. Following a routine visit to my GP, he told me that following my recent weight loss, he now no longer considers me diabetic (woo hoo), but I must keep to my present weight, and even reduce further. That is a great relief.I go for my bi-anuual lipid check up next week, and hope that will be ok too. So it can be done, just needs will-power and belief.

Reactions: Prem51