Green tea

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Matcha. Its giving me amazing results.
Qi white tea with acai for white tea fans also.

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
White tea, green tea, black tea and oolong tea all come from the same plant, Camellia sinensis. The differences are in the degree of oxidisation of the leaves.

eveshamgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Think I need to invest in branded teas. I got tescos own and they aren't that nice lol

Have to add sweetener and also discovered tonight that additional lemon juice improves the taste (they already have lemon in lol)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
eveshamgal said:
Think I need to invest in branded teas. I got tescos own and they aren't that nice lol

It is worth finding teas that you like. It is the king of drinks, cools you down when you are hot, warms you up when you are cold, calms you down when you are flustered and perks you up when you are down. Careful with green teas though. More than two mins in boiling water and it goes bitter. I use more leaves and give it 90 secs so I get the strength but not the bitterness.

Traditionally the British traded opium with the Chinese for tea so, next time you're in Tescos ......

http://www.rmg.co.uk/visit/events/galle ... pium-trade

Michaelswan

Green Tea is a type of tea that is made from unfermented leaves and is pale in color and slightly bitter in flavor.
Green Tea is very effective in weight loss. You can take Green Tea daily as a diet and burn more calories. It increase our body's ability to burn fat (fat oxidation). Not only weight loss Green Tea also protects against cancer and heart disease. You can get rid of weight problem with green tea.

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Qi do a green tea with acai and its tremendous. They sell it in Holland and Barratt and its under £2 for 25 bags.