Greetings

bellapodus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,
I've been grazing these past few weeks and so thought I would introduce myself.
My name is Kelly and I'm 32. I am currently at University and am towards the end of my second year. I am a Sci-Fi addict and sing all the time when at home.
I have type 2 and although only diagnosed in March 2007, I have been told that I more than likely should have been diagnosed in my early teens (looking back, I wonder why it wasn't picked up when I kept feeling faint or dizzy when I didn't eat all day and drank water by the gallon).
Currently I am quite lucky. I watch what I eat and am fine. Mind you, when I say I watch what I eat I mean I am seriously strict with food which at times gets me down.
Generally the diabetic team I am under is ok but there are a few people there who I think really do need a little retraining (the dietician for one who thinks I must have money to burn and have the IQ of a fly) but then it could be worse.
When my team are giving me suspicious information, I come here and there is always someone who has either asked my question for me or provided the correct information so I find this place very useful.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Welcome!
what are you studying?

lilibet

HI bella
And welcome. Just out of interest, they think you were diabetic in your teens? Unusual but not impossible to have it that young (google MODY) but its usually a genetic thing.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Welcome to the forum ,Kelly .If you don't find what you are looking for ,just ask,there's usually someone who can answer your questions.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya kelly and welcome to the forum :D

Trinkwasser

Sounds suspiciously like the Reactive Hypoglycemia I have had since childhood. It responds well to carb restriction to reduce the post-meal highs which stops the rebound lows. Unfortunately this can continue for a long time (50 years) before it crosses the boundary into diagnosible "diabetes". Over time I've met not a few with similar stories.