Grrrrrrrr doctors surgery is ****

amberzak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Competitive sport. I'm more of a for fun type person.
So, met a diabetes nurse who told me I was overdosing on insulin. My care has been shocking. I was told by my doctor to keep increasing my insulin so it caused hypos.

Anyway, I got to see a really good diabetic nurse.

Now I'm having problems seeing her. I've waited 3 months for an appointment only to be told that I'm not on the system. I'm getting stressed about it. How do I get support if I can't see anyone?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hotblack desiato

Type of diabetes
Type 2
similar story here , I am in the forth valley catchment area , so I go to the doc with the type 2 symptoms , blood sugar is 14 . so ordered in next morning for more bloods and a fasting reading , 14 again , given metformin on the spot , next , no call re the blood results so called on the Friday morning , the receptionist tells me yes you are definitely type 2 and I have to see the practice nurse , so I asks when were you going to tell me that wee nugget of info , answer , we were intending to call you some time today , so I see the nurse on the Monday , bear in mind no advice re the drug or diet or such like , so on arrival I am asked , why I was there , so at this point I am on the close side to detonating , she looks at the notes and says oh you are type 2 and you are here for a foot check and advice , exam carries on , given leaflets and shoved out the door , not willing to answer any questions on this life changing diagnosis , just you have your tablets , two feet and leaflets so go away , thankfully I found this forum through a friend who has he same , then when I go back to the practice they say to me oh by the way you are to attend the eye clinic and the local diabetic clinic , thanks for the great communications , not , honestly what a system

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Amberzak. If you can give us a bit more info such as are you normal weight, how many units of the Basal and Bolus and the problems you are having with hypos etc then we may be able to share our experience with you. I don't want to conflict with your surgery advice but it sounds like you aren't getting any useful advice from them. I'm lucky and have a superb DN but I know they can be rare.