GTT and being sick

tracy1975

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi,

I'm 30+2 weeks pregnant and am booked in to have a GTT at surgery next Thursday.

My problem is I'm normally wide wake at 3 or 4 in the morning, even if I goto bed late. I've got first bloods at 8 when they open and second lot at 10. Which means going about 7 hours after waking with just water. If I don't have breakfast then I feel really sick. I tried having just water yesterday morning and was physically sick within a couple of hours so just had to eat something. So there is no way I can see me lasting the 7 hours from waking.

I just really can't see anyway round this as obviously being sick will mean then won't be able to do the test as it will affect the results.

Tracy.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Welcome to the wonderful flexible world of surgery appointments:(
I'm the same as you (early riser, not pregnant:wideyed:).
I can usually get a practice nurse appointment by about 8:00 - 9:00, but never a HCA for phlebotomy before 10:30:woot:, so in away you are "lucky" to get that 8:00 slot!.It's not as if the NHS is run for the good of the patients <lol>
Good luck with the GTT:)

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
can they do it at an out of hours surgery at 4am and give the results to your dr

anteater2012

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
People who don't listen to others i.e. the 8 members of this forum I have put on ignore as they talk such utter **** all the time. This now includes the member who thinks they are a moderator.
No such thing as an out of hours surgery in the uk unless it is a doctor on call situation and A&E wont entertain this test. Recimmend the OP has a chat with the surgery and see if a better arrangement csn be agreed upon.