1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Gutted - Not Doing As Well As I Thought And Confused

Discussion in 'Newly Diagnosed' started by KiwiInOz, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Well done on the finger pricking. It will get easier. Your blood sugars are on their way down and this usually coincides with lowering carbs. Your weight is also going in the right direction. You are doing brilliantly and off to an excellent start. I find the mysugr app a really useful tool. It gives me an idea if how I'm doing on daily basis.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

Welcome @KiwiInOz :)
    Looking forward to your success on implementing suggested changes.
    I have to agree this is the best diabetes forum I've come across. Many are trying to imulate it as it's method works very well.
    Listening and participating.
    Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  3. 4ratbags

4ratbags Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Welcome @KiwiInOz you've definitely found the best place for great advice and support and they don't mind us kiwis

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

I find that I can survive quite happily without lunch - and when lunches are so often a carbfest, it is wisest to eat well at home and then abstain from anything which doesn't fit your diet.
    It is sometimes amazing to me to see what people eat because it is time to eat, with no regard to their well being. It is also sometimes quite shocking, to me, to see what is dished up as food.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Geoffno6

Geoffno6 · Well-Known Member

6. Geoffno6

Hi Sharyn, welcome to the forum. It’s all relative and compared to many you’re doing really well. Of course if you look at the guys in a better position or those who have things under control it doesn’t look so good. Do get a meter and do blood tests though. Test before and 2 (or 3 hours) after eating It’s the only way to see what affects your BG. Good luck and I’m convinced by how you come across that you’ll be on top of it and calmed down soon(ish)

7. Geoffno6

Btw, my fasting was 18 in June and now down to 8 ish so I think you’re right on track

8. Geoffno6

And you have the meter now , I must read first

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook