Half Of Adults 'Will Be Obese By 2030'

pianoman

Thanks for posting this.

I see the words above are a quote from the BBC story.

I also note this one along the same lines (from Sky news)...
Only tough government action, including a tax on unhealthy food, can slow the trend, they say.
I agree that Government policy needs to move away from protecting the vested interests of food manufacturers towards representation of the voting public BUT until there is clear agreement as to what exactly constitutes "unhealthy food" I can only guess at the ramifications of a policy that could potentially worsen the problem.

The low-fat dogma was pushed through while many eminent scientists were still in hot debate as to its advisability (and they still are)... let's be **** sure before we let politicians tell people what they should and should not be eating.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hopefully (And after 18 years on Optislim) I'll be in the 50% that are NOT! :lol:

PM said:
The low-fat dogma was pushed through while many eminent scientists were still in hot debate as to its advisability (and they still are)... let's be **** sure before we let politicians tell people what they should and should not be eating.

HEAR HEAR!

Our country should do what the US should have done yeras ago.

Take responsibility for the advice they are pedling!

pianoman

Speaking of the USA... flashback to 1977, courtesy of a clip from "Fat Head"

[youtube]xbFQc2kxm9c[/youtube]

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Its probably about right I am gaining about half a stone a year and now I am 7 stone So in 20 years I will be 17 stone :lol: But I will be 88 so will I care :shock:
CAROL

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
88 - two fat ladies! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Viv 8)

Cowboyjim

http://www.medilexicon.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=233431
1.5 billion adults worldwide are overweight and a further 0.5 billion are obese; 170 million children are classed as either overweight or obese. In many countries, obesity claims between 2% and 6 % of health-care costs and has surpassed tobacco as the largest preventable cause of disease in regions such as the USA and the state of Western Australia. Encouraging reports emerging from countries like Australia, Sweden, France and elsewhere state that obesity rates in children are levelling off or falling.