HANDY GADGET ...

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Looks OK but like most, if not all of these 'gadgets' it splits up the daily food intake into equal parts of 3 or 4 meals a day when in practice I eat a relatively small percentage of my daily total for breakfast then a larger percentage at lunch and the most for my evening meal and even then thats not set in stone.

I think we can become to bogged down in the details of our diets and thats why I dont count carbs or calories I just eat what I know keeps my bg level stable and is just under the amount of food where I would put on weight. I really dont think that I could stick to so many calories a day or so much of this and that at every meal, I eat when I'm hungry and dont worry about details, just as I have eaten all my life but with brakes on.

I do understand why people look count calories when looking to lose weight, I'm just not very good and things like that :D

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Sid Bonkers said:
Looks OK but like most, if not all of these 'gadgets' it splits up the daily food intake into equal parts of 3 or 4 meals a day when in practice I eat a relatively small percentage of my daily total for breakfast then a larger percentage at lunch and the most for my evening meal and even then thats not set in stone.

I think we can become to bogged down in the details of our diets and thats why I dont count carbs or calories I just eat what I know keeps my bg level stable and is just under the amount of food where I would put on weight. I really dont think that I could stick to so many calories a day or so much of this and that at every meal, I eat when I'm hungry and dont worry about details, just as I have eaten all my life but with brakes on.

I do understand why people look count calories when looking to lose weight, I'm just not very good and things like that :D

I wasn't suggesting you, in particular, must use this gadget Sid, but it's just there for anyone who might find it useful. But if you did want to use it, you could just add up the percentages and divide by however many meals you're likely to eat. :)