HAPPY NEWS

roseugine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
rudeness loud music in shops cruelty in any form to human or animal.,cold weather being fat getting old
Hi everyone
had the best news ever today my doctor rang and told me I can come off insulin been type2 diabetic for 11years on insulin 7yrs.
I have tried really hard this past year I really wanted to get off insulin but wasn't sure it was possible for a 66yr old .Im going back
on metformin and reduce insulin as needed,Hopefully I will be able to loose weight It just wouldn't come off no matter what I did
can anyone help me what is the best information on carbs.:joyful:

Reactions: 2 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
wow! thats amazing!!!! best information on carb is to not eat them hehe, what would you like to know? the most common question is how low should i go, its just my opinion but by going to 30g a day i lost a shed load of weight and havent put it back on so that works for me but many have lost weight on a higher carb count upto 150 a day its a difficult one to answer, it depends how much of the typical bread, rice pasta and spud your prepared to go without, have a read of the low carb section on the forum, it should answer some questions

amazing fantastic and awesome :) well done

nuttybeaver

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Selfish people
Great news, well done :D

T2, Metformin 850 Mg (1 tablet twice daily), venlafaxine 75mg (1 tablet daily), buscopan 10mg (2 tablets 4 times daily)

roseugine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
rudeness loud music in shops cruelty in any form to human or animal.,cold weather being fat getting old
thanks everyone about the carbs ive never really ggt to grips with counting carbs .I just never eat bread pasta potatoes always cook everthing from scratch,.which is the best site like spark anyone use aids to help count carbs and keep track.Cause I will have to be very careful when I come off the
insulin any help will be appreciated.thanks