Happy With Diabetes Review!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just had my Diabetes review, six months from the last one.
My GP is very happy with my continued blood sugar control resulting in consistently non diabetic HbA1cs, my now normal BP albeit on one med, I was on two and my continued weight loss.
He has agreed for me to drop my Metformin to 2 x 500mg/day and will review my HbA1c in 3 months.
We discussed my recent result of background retinopathy having had a clear result last year. He provided me with a copy of the full result that they had received which actually shows the lowest score for retinopathy in one eye, whilst the other eye remains clear so that was reassuring.
We discussed cholesterol (my total has gone up but ratios are good), my Q-risk score (still not updated to Q-risk 3!) has gone down thanks to good cholesterol ratio, weight loss and BP control (and also getting my height corrected on my record, I’m now officially 1.5 cms taller!) Statins were briefly mentioned but as always he acknowledged it was my choice and I continue to decline them.
On my ‘care plan’ I had written low carb everywhere! He read it and acknowledged it’s effect. I then whipped out the photocopy of Dr Unwins findings and asked if he’d like to read it (thanks @Pipp for the link, https://www.practicaldiabetes.com/w...etes-experience-from-one-general-practice.pdf for anyone who hasn’t seen it). He accepted it and said he is flying tonight and it’ll make perfect inflight reading :)
Oh and he said he’d seen the article in the Oxford Mail about me earlier this week and congratulated me on spreading the low carb word!
All in all I’m really really happy :happy:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Double Triple Trophies! Well done that Lass.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great stuff, @Rachox.
Well done, both for what you have achieved and for spreading the word.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great review of your brilliant review, well done on everything you have achieved and for doing what you can to promote Low Carb, I'm sure you are feeling on top of the world at the moment x

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Congratulations on growing in one direction and shrinking in the other. All good for the BMI !

Reactions: zand

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations and keep hold of that doctor.

Attachments

• Gold-Star.jpg
    Gold-Star.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 265

Larbi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My GP is very happy with my continued blood sugar control resulting in consistently non diabetic HbA1cs, my now normal BP albeit on one med, I was on two and my continued weight loss.
He has agreed for me to drop my Metformin to 2 x 500mg/day and will review my HbA1c in 3 months.
We discussed my recent result of background retinopathy having had a clear result last year. He provided me with a copy of the full result that they had received which actually shows the lowest score for retinopathy in one eye, whilst the other eye remains clear so that was reassuring.
We discussed cholesterol (my total has gone up but ratios are good), my Q-risk score (still not updated to Q-risk 3!) has gone down thanks to good cholesterol ratio, weight loss and BP control (and also getting my height corrected on my record, I’m now officially 1.5 cms taller!) Statins were briefly mentioned but as always he acknowledged it was my choice and I continue to decline them.
On my ‘care plan’ I had written low carb everywhere! He read it and acknowledged it’s effect. I then whipped out the photocopy of Dr Unwins findings and asked if he’d like to read it (thanks @Pipp for the link, https://www.practicaldiabetes.com/w...etes-experience-from-one-general-practice.pdf for anyone who hasn’t seen it). He accepted it and said he is flying tonight and it’ll make perfect inflight reading :)
Oh and he said he’d seen the article in the Oxford Mail about me earlier this week and congratulated me on spreading the low carb word!

Congratulations for your terrific achievement :):):).
The most important thinks is to maintain this fabulous results as much as you can.
cheers .

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent all round results @Rachox. Well done :)