Austin_Molex

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello, how's everyone's sugars today?

I'm a new member of this forum, though not a new diabetic, so don't crucify me, I'm not spamming! I wanted to share something, that I believe could help some of you who have not coped with diabetes yet.

Me and my partner wrote an e-book on amazon about coping with diabetes. See, I have had diabetes for 6 years now and she has it for 10 years and throughout the years we saw a lot of people having trouble with the psychology part of diabetes. I had trouble with it myself too... That's why we wrote this book. Our mission is to help people cope with diabetes. Aside from trying to help, we also share a bunch of interesting experiences we had with diabetes. We hope you have a sweet read!

Don't worry, I'm not trying to earn money from you guys in here. It's going to be FREE on the 11th until the 13th of November. So please, download it and give it a read or share it with someone who could use it. Also, we encourage everyone to give us a review, whether on amazon or here is fine, though we prefer amazon of course. We'd love to hear what y'all think about it!

It's called "5 steps to coping with diabetes" , so just look it up on Amazon, since I can't post any links...

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, welcome to the Forum!
Can I ask is your book aimed at Type 1 diabetics or diabetes in general? I have read the blurb on Amazon but it doesn’t tell me. Best of luck with your book

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Our mission is to help people cope with diabetes. Aside from trying to help, we also share a bunch of interesting experiences we had with diabetes. We hope you have a sweet read!

Welcome to the forum and thank you for such a lovely offer.

trouble with the psychology part of diabetes.

An interesting observation and right on the money. I feel almost lucky that several family members had diabetes so my diagnosis as type II never really came as a great surprise. If you can your head round it, things become just a little more tolerable. My aunt was diagnosed in the 1920s so probably among the first to benefit from insulin, she lived well into her late 80s. She always had a very positive outlook.

Reactions: Key_master_
D

Deleted Account

Having now read this, I think the OP has t1. The steps in the book (but not the examples) are applicable to all types of diabetes ... and chronic diseases.
My biggest criticism of the book is summarised by the title: it is about "coping with diabetes. I believe we should "live" with diabetes. We should live our lives and not let diabetes determine what we do, how we do it or who we are. I have diabetes but I am not defined by diabetes. This is why, unlike the author of the book, I do not describe myself as a diabetic.

Sorry. I got a bit carried away with my rant and nearly forgot to thank @austin for sharing her book and her thoughts with us.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Not sure really, to me anyone whose first question is how my sugars are is not really focusing on me as a person outside diabetes. And @Austin_Molex does not seem to have bothered coming back to answer questions or participate in the forum. He's just promoted his (admittedly free) book.

KathyCP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
throughout the years we saw a lot of people having trouble with the psychology part of diabetes. I had trouble with it myself too... That's why we wrote this book.
hi, i downloaded and read it last night. thanks very much for sharing your thoughts and experiences on having diabetes. there's no doubt that psychology is really important when learning how to live with this disease. i have no idea what it's like being diagnosed as a child and growing up having to manage it, but i can tell you that, as someone who had always been healthy, fit and active, it came as a great shock at nearly 60 to have to face the fact that i had a chronic condition (thank you family genetics). i think that it took me quite a while to accept that i really did have it, and that it wouldn't just go away if i pretended it wasn't there. i think from a psychological point of view, i had to go through a process of adjusting to a huge shift in my image of myself, which was unpleasant and frightening at times, to say the least. but we're a pretty resilient species, and i've found that, when i dig deep, i can usually find the wherewithal inside myself to change as i need to. very importantly, i had fantastic support from my partner and friends to do this, and fortunately had a gp who didn't interfere with how i chose to adapt my life. so i think your advice to focus on moving forward is great.

Austin_Molex

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, welcome to the Forum!
Can I ask is your book aimed at Type 1 diabetics or diabetes in general? I have read the blurb on Amazon but it doesn’t tell me. Best of luck with your book

This book is suitable for all diabetics in general!

Austin_Molex

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Not sure really, to me anyone whose first question is how my sugars are is not really focusing on me as a person outside diabetes. And @Austin_Molex does not seem to have bothered coming back to answer questions or participate in the forum. He's just promoted his (admittedly free) book.

Well, didn't it cross your mind, that I might have been busy with something else and just didn't have time to go back and check the forum? And asking how are everyone's sugars is just a friendly diabetic thing. No need to be so unfriendly, judgmental and self-involved :)

Austin_Molex

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Having now read this, I think the OP has t1. The steps in the book (but not the examples) are applicable to all types of diabetes ... and chronic diseases.
My biggest criticism of the book is summarised by the title: it is about "coping with diabetes. I believe we should "live" with diabetes. We should live our lives and not let diabetes determine what we do, how we do it or who we are. I have diabetes but I am not defined by diabetes. This is why, unlike the author of the book, I do not describe myself as a diabetic.

Sorry. I got a bit carried away with my rant and nearly forgot to thank @austin for sharing her book and her thoughts with us.

Well, everyone's got their own way to look at it and that's perfectly fine! We appreciate your input. And yes, we have t1

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Well, didn't it cross your mind, that I might have been busy with something else and just didn't have time to go back and check the forum? And asking how are everyone's sugars is just a friendly diabetic thing. No need to be so unfriendly, judgmental and self-involved :)
Thanks @Austin_Molex - have a great evening and I hope your book does well.

Reactions: porl69

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't think that it could be regarded as a serious study.
It was easy to downloaded it into my Kindle, but it was deleted rather quickly - it is rather naive in presentation and content.