1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Has anyone young from Group 6 been contacted for a covid vaccine yet?

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by macman89, Mar 1, 2021.

1. lucylocket61

lucylocket61 Type 2 · Expert

How do you know this? There are many reasons why people are vaccinated.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Rokaab

Rokaab Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I finally got my text message yesterday for mine - got it booked for next week now :)

A group 7 friend of mine was having his thins week (different area - with a hefty hike to his bigger vaccination centre)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Daphne917

Daphne917 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Group 6 includes those with underlying health conditions - both me and my husband are in thus group but had ours whilst they were still doing the 70+. Think it’s a lot to do with where you live as, according to the BBC local news, in the South West they’ve managed to vaccinate over 95% in the first 3 groups and 85% in group 4.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Doireallyneedanams

Doireallyneedanams · Well-Known Member

All vulnerable can book via the NHS link without invitation - that is group 6 I believe and certainly all diabetics.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook