Have I completely sabotaged myself?

Nanny_B

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I’m T1 so a little different but I’ve fallen off the wagon more than once

I’m a comfort eater and whilst I keep nothing in the house to easily snack on.. the village shop is less than a hundred yards away

Just yesterday I has a falling out with someone and the first thing I did was goto the corner shop and buy all the munchies I could… sat in front of the TV and stuffed them all then topped it off with a hot chocolate.

So I’m not surprised people have fallen off the wagon over the last 12 months.

However I would have thought and significant long term damage would have been done in only 8 to 12 months.

So try and get back on track.. if you can’t without help go see the gp even if it means medication for a short while then so be it…. Some of the meds like bydureon also act as an appetite suppressant and bydureon the should take you off when you have a normal BMI

One thing is for certain though.. better control will reduce the risk of longer term damage .. so it’s never too late to try
Thank you so much! I too live a few hundred metres from our local shop too, so I know all too well how easy it is to just go and buy snacks and chocolate! I only seem to manage 3 months eating keto and then I’m like, I can’t do this anymore. The problem is I’m a very slow weight loser and when I don’t see the pounds dropping away I get disheartened and then give up. I’m really trying to change my mindset, it’s a daily struggle but I know I have to do this!

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you so much! I too live a few hundred metres from our local shop too, so I know all too well how easy it is to just go and buy snacks and chocolate! I only seem to manage 3 months eating keto and then I’m like, I can’t do this anymore. The problem is I’m a very slow weight loser and when I don’t see the pounds dropping away I get disheartened and then give up. I’m really trying to change my mindset, it’s a daily struggle but I know I have to do this!
would it help to think in terms of the health benefits of lowering your blood glucose levels? You may not be losing weight as you would like, but you are doing your health a lot of good by simply keeping your blood sugar levels down.

Suercc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had major set back too during lockdown. I am getting my eating back on track but I have also asked to try Oxempic, this is working for me and has supported significant weight loss. Anything to avoid insulin for longer.