Have you seen the cheese slices story?

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Watch this short clip from the Daily Mirror. Got me thinking .... how on earth does my digestive system cope with this stuff and you can bet there's even worse out there!
I'm a cheese slice lover too .... I think that might have just changed though ......

What's in processed cheese slices? Shock experiment may put you off them for life
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/whats-processed-cheese-slices-shock-5022840

Juno80

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
You can make your own "processed" cheese. Its just cheese, a liquid and sodium citrate, which is a salt created from citric acid. The sodium citrate is nothing more than an emulsifier, which keeps the oil and solids in cheese from separating. It makes melted cheese silky smooth. Ive made mac and cheese with hard cheeses like parmesan, extra old cheddar, smoked gouda etc. If you lower the liquid content, you can make cheese slices out of any cheese.

All that said, the store bought stuff has about 50 more chemicals in it for colour and flavour, and probably best to be avoided.

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hello to all,,,,I watched a programme on the tv,,about what is in foods,,,,and they covered what in put into the 'mixer' to make cheese slices,,,,and there is hardly any cheese put into them,,,,,Kate the presenter was a bit shocked,,,,,Food,,,on channel 4 I think.
They cover different foods each week,,,and they really make your eyes widen,,,,,ttfn from Karen.