HbA1c in the normal range - at last

JuliaAR

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Just received my latest HbA1c results and at last, after 18 months on the LCHF diet I am in the normal range with 5.8! Thrilled! And have to say surprised also as I have not been exercising as much as I wanted to because I was looking after daughter who had injured her back. Lots of stress going on in my life just now too so I don't know why things should change so dramatically in the past 6 months to take me from 6.4 to 5.8. I have been trying Berberine over the last month so maybe that's the answer for me although I take it so erratically that I'm doubtful.
Never mind. I'm celebrating with a lovely low carb pancake! With a few berries and a large dollop of whipping cream, of course!

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Exercise is nice, for a sense of wellbeing and tone but diet really is the main driver of the two.... and you seem to be doing just fine. Well done to you and keep up the good work.
Hope your daughter makes a good recovery as back's are very painful, when not happy.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just received my latest HbA1c results and at last, after 18 months on the LCHF diet I am in the normal range with 5.8! Thrilled! And have to say surprised also as I have not been exercising as much as I wanted to because I was looking after daughter who had injured her back. Lots of stress going on in my life just now too so I don't know why things should change so dramatically in the past 6 months to take me from 6.4 to 5.8. I have been trying Berberine over the last month so maybe that's the answer for me although I take it so erratically that I'm doubtful.
Never mind. I'm celebrating with a lovely low carb pancake! With a few berries and a large dollop of whipping cream, of course!
Congratulations you must feel so happy, well done.

Reactions: JuliaAR and hankjam

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Really well done @JuliaAR - you are seeing the results of months of keeping to your LCHF plan and it's paid off - enjoy your pancake!

Reactions: JuliaAR

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Really well done it’s great when the hard work pays off. Super good too that you stuck with it during the difficult and stressful times as that can be when you revert back to old habits. It’s clearly become a way of life after sticking to it for so long excellent results

JuliaAR

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Thanks to all of you. When I was first diagnosed I was really lost. The people on this site were so supportive and kind. It was such a great help. I couldn’t have got this far without you all.
BTW broke my foot last week. Well they say pride comes before a fall.

Reactions: Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Wow congratulations on your fine work on HbA1c