Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
From 78 on 06/12/18

Then 57 on 22/01/19

And now 41 on 21/03/19

I have to say I was almost disappointed lol as I had hoped for a figure in the 30s but understand that I had a few "naughtier" days in the three weeks leading up to the test and the latter counts more than former activity.

Nevertheless this is the lowest I have been ever and I am now operation ready for the 5th April!.

Hurrah!!.

Reactions: Prem51

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A FANTASTIC effort @Patrick66 .

I can sense the disappointment, but many report the HBA1c is higher then the expectation from the apps etc.

I'd see the score and progession are very positive...

And you are now OPERATION ready..yehaww.:D

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
From 78 on 06/12/18

Then 57 on 22/01/19

And now 41 on 21/03/19

I have to say I was almost disappointed lol as I had hoped for a figure in the 30s but understand that I had a few "naughtier" days in the three weeks leading up to the test and the latter counts more than former activity.

Nevertheless this is the lowest I have been ever and I am now operation ready for the 5th April!.

Hurrah!!.
Heh, you shouldn’t have had those fish and chips.:D. Just jestin.

Good news though all the same.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
That's an excellent reduction in just four months, bringing you down to non-diabetic levels - well done @Patrick66! :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done Patrick, I know you haven’t found it easy, so this is a brilliant achievement!

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
A FANTASTIC effort @Patrick66 .

I can sense the disappointment, but many report the HBA1c is higher then the expectation from the apps etc.

I'd see the score and progession are very positive...

And you are now OPERATION ready..yehaww.:D
Thank you.

Yes I am sure that if I had monitored my monitor closely I would have expected a figure in the low 30s. But expectation and reality are two very different things and, if I am honest, just going from 57 to 56 would have represented a drop anyway so a drop of 16 "points" in 7/8 weeks isn't bad going although it really shows that the recent period is weighted pretty heavily if my eating memory serves me right.
I suspect a test three or four weeks ago would have shown a lower drop..
But I may be talking twaddle...
Its not unknown.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Very well done Patrick, I know you haven’t found it easy, so this is a brilliant achievement!
I'm jealous of your 30s lol. But I know that the last three weeks I have eaten more high carb stuff just because I was running out of things to eat during my struggles.
I now have a dieticians appointment in May.
Still, 41...not bad. and certainly better than 78..lol.

Reactions: Speedbird

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Heh, you shouldn’t have had those fish and chips.:D. Just jestin.

Good news though all the same.
Thank you..

and they weren't very nice anyway...lol.
But when you feel a bit trapped by diet and simply don't want to eat then eating something is better than eating nothing..

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
From 78 on 06/12/18

Then 57 on 22/01/19

And now 41 on 21/03/19

Hurrah!!.

Hey you did absolutely great! Give yourself three cheers and I am so happy you are operation ready now!

Controlnow

From 78 on 06/12/18

Then 57 on 22/01/19

And now 41 on 21/03/19

Hurrah!!.

Well done your efforts seem to have really paid off! I am so happy for you :0)

Is the optimum range to be at in the 39’s or is the lower you can go the better? I am not exactly sure where I should be aiming for ideally...

Reactions: jjraak

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well done your efforts seem to have really paid off! I am so happy for you :0)

Is the optimum range to be at in the 39’s or is the lower you can go the better? I am not exactly sure where I should be aiming for ideally...
I believe that anything below 42 is considered to be "normal" so I would say that is probably the target, if one exists.

I suppose as low as possible would be the ideal but we all have to eat something and not everyone will cope or be as conscientious as the next person. I think the only advice I have ever been given, in terms of target, was to get below 7.0 on the old scale (whatever that is in mmol/ml) but I don't know if that was specifically aimed at me or just general guidance.

Sometimes we don't get very good advice when it comes to what we should be aiming for.

Thanks.

Reactions: jjraak

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Great news Patrick...I am really really pleased for you.
Thank you.

Unfortunately, amidst the good news, I now have a doctors appointment due to a suspiciously high amount of albumin...something in my urine!...