HBA1C Result

Cat1988

Good Afternoon All

I was pre-diabetic up until May 2021 when my HBA1C jumped to 50. It was still 50 in July 2021 and I've just had November's back as 46 (Provisional and needs a diabetic nurse review).

I've been on Metformin 2 500 tablets a day and I started Ozempic 0.5 in September 2021 and so far I've lost 3kg.

Do I need to worry about this review and what should I expect?

I'm speaking to the weight management consultant this afternoon so I'll mention it to her then and get some ideas.

Many Thanks

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can you give us an idea, how much weight would you like to lose?

To lower your hba1c, diet is key. You need to lower your carbohydrates. And stay away from fruit. Berries are better for T2.

Have a look at dietdoctor.com for food suggestions and info.

Anything you fancy, Google it just put keto first. Anything you can't live without, ask here.

46 is within the prediabetic range so you are headed in the right direction.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Ozempic is a fairly new drug that has had good results for T2.
So don't be surprised.
You are doing well.
Only if your blood glucose levels drop too low too often should you be worried, or too high!

A low carb diet will help as well. As said, dietdoctor.co is a great resource.

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Well done @Cat1988
You have got your HbA1c back into the pre diabetic range and lost some weight, excellent work.
I'm a little puzzled why you think your HbA1c results are provisional and somehow dependant on the approval of your nurse.
Your review is for your benefit, your nurse will check your progress, offer advice (if you're lucky it might even be useful advice) and check that your medication is suitable. Why would you be worried about someone trying to help?

Cat1988

Well done @Cat1988
You have got your HbA1c back into the pre diabetic range and lost some weight, excellent work.
I'm a little puzzled why you think your HbA1c results are provisional and somehow dependant on the approval of your nurse.
Your review is for your benefit, your nurse will check your progress, offer advice (if you're lucky it might even be useful advice) and check that your medication is suitable. Why would you be worried about someone trying to help?

The receptionist at the GP surgery said they were provisional yesterday but that might have been because they hadn't been reviewed yet.

I'm not worried by someone helping but this is all new to me and just curious what happens in these situations.

Reactions: catinahat

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
As you are doing well and Ozempic is doing its job,
The review is for you and don't forget to get a print out of your Hba1c and other test results.
Ask questions, ask about how long you will be on Ozempic and dietary advice, that could be contrary to what you are doing and for us, a tad hilarious.

Don't forget it's about you and your health.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
At my surgery, diagnosis has to be given by a doctor or nurse. The receptionist is not allowed to. They have no medical qualifications.