Type 2 Hba1c Test

Diabetesdave1

Hi I am going for a blood test for my hba1c I have fasted overnight and on waking up my blood sugar levels were 5.3 mmol I have then shortly after gone and done hours exercise my blood sugar level shot up to 6.5 mmol .I know my hba1c is over 3 months but will this higher reading if I take it now will it give a higher reading .What I am saying is should I have not done the exercise . I am a type 2 by the way

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It won't make a blind bit of difference to your test.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I am going for a blood test for my hba1c I have fasted overnight and on waking up my blood sugar levels were 5.3 mmol I have then shortly after gone and done hours exercise my blood sugar level shot up to 6.5 mmol .I know my hba1c is over 3 months but will this higher reading if I take it now will it give a higher reading .What I am saying is should I have not done the exercise . I am a type 2 by the way
It won't make a difference, so it's quite alright. And the glucose in your blood shot up due to the exercise because your liver was dumping it... Kind of like dawn phenomenon. If you don't want BG to rise, stick with non-strenuous excercise like a long walk.

Diabetesdave1

Cheers I had hba1c about two weeks ago while I was on holiday but the doctors won’t accept that .
I need to take another hba1c test and I will be gutted if this comes out worse then my previous test . I don’t want to do anything daft which could cause this .
I’m hoping your correct, fingers crossed . Cheers for the reassurance.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I need to take another hba1c test and I will be gutted if this comes out worse then my previous test . I don’t want to do anything daft which could cause this .

They give an average measure of your average glucose over the last 3 months, so there's very little you can do in the short term to change the levels. Any small difference between your levels two weeks ago and your levels now are more likely to be caused by lab inaccuracies/variations then actual differences. (Only way I can see a significant difference is if your levels have been drastically going up or down over the three months - and if your blood sugars are doing weird things it's really best to know.)

Good luck, I hope you get the result you want.