HBac1 down from 44 to 40

bumblebetty

I was diagnosed pre-diabetic in December with an HBac1 of 44. I’ve changed my lifestyle pretty radically, cut carbs and been doing intermittent fasting. Lost a couple of stone. My test last week shows I’ve gone down to 40 which I think means not in the pre diabetic range which I’m pleased about but still feels a bit close for comfort. Will I need to keep getting it checked and should I expect it to stay the same if I just keep doing what I’m doing? Wondering if I need to cut carbs further or just see how it goes.

Reactions: Prem51

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was diagnosed pre-diabetic in December with an HBac1 of 44. I’ve changed my lifestyle pretty radically, cut carbs and been doing intermittent fasting. Lost a couple of stone. My test last week shows I’ve gone down to 40 which I think means not in the pre diabetic range which I’m pleased about but still feels a bit close for comfort. Will I need to keep getting it checked and should I expect it to stay the same if I just keep doing what I’m doing? Wondering if I need to cut carbs further or just see how it goes.
What's the time frame between the two tests?
It can take some time to normalise and like you I wanted some wiggle room but sounds like if you carry on as you have been you could achieve even better numbers. Then you have the option of cutting carbs more in future.
Oops just seen the 8 month gap.. maybe cutting a bit more could help? Do you keep a food diary to monitor your intake?

Reactions: Prem51

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How many grams of carbs do you believe you eat each day?