HCP/Forum appreciation really

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Just thought I would give a round of applause here to acknowledge the help that I have been given from members here and from my hospital and HCP's.

1) On pump since August, (and yes I did not have to struggle as so many people have had to), to get a pump, but that is all credit to my PCT and Hospital and HCP in being so proactive to helping their patients, and are a fine example for others to follow, and how I wish that other trusts were so good as mine for everybody else that is out there that wants a pump and has had a fight. It is a really true appreciation that some HCP's are being so active towards helping us, and I am not condeming those that aren't, but just a full appreciation of how good some are.

2) Members help here has been so extraordinary. My pump changeover, my dvla issue and all the help I got was fantastic, and so very much appreciated, and continues to be. Just yesterday, a fellow pumper gave information on what they were told about bolus's when they went to their pump, and it made me realise that perhaps I should be doing something similar. We learn so much from others experiences.

3) It has also made me realise that I can be a 'little' bit negative towards the pump manufacturers and their sets/occlusions etc, but again, the experiences of people here are invaluable, and we learn things from other pumpers that we would never have known otherwise. I wish I had known more about sets/cannulas and tubes prior to pumping, but now I have one that suits me it is much better. I can be negative towards the manufacturers, because they charge our trusts so much for all the pump and equipment. and I just wish that they could perhaps give better advice when starting off, and with occlusion problems-as I just can't understand how I could get 13occlusions in a few weeks on a particluar batch and yet when I changed to a different set, all the occlusions stopped. I just find it incredibly frustrating that my PCT have to pay for all these extra sets and cartridges when we get occlusions etc. So, negativity over....

4) My HCP's have given me a lot of time and looked after me exceptionally really. So often our HCP's don't get a good write up, but I really think that mine are pretty exceptional when I have been reading other persons's messages here that they have had such a fight for a pump. Reading other members experiences makes me realise how lucky I have been, and how I so much wish that other HCP's and PCT's could be so good as mine have been.

This past 6 months has been a roller coaster for me, and without members here and my HCP's I would still have been on it, but thanks to both communitys. So thanks to everybody really for helping me get through the hardest 6 months of my life, as I have appreciated all the help. I know that at times I can be plain talking and too straight talking for my own good, but I am able to look forward to a good 2011, and 6 months ago I never thought I would be saying that...So THANKYOU to EVERYBODY that has helped me sooooooooo!!!!!!much......

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Well done on what you have achieved over the last 6 months! :D

Nigel

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
it's what others have helped me to achieve, I just feel that I have to start 2011 with thanking people that helped me through 2010.

It has made me very much more appreciative of how lucky I have been, and more so wanting to help others that finding life a rollercoaster too.

I really, honestly feel so appreciative because so few people actually get credit for helping others, and boy, I had some fantastic help. It's a long way up when you feel rock bottom, but both members here and my HCP should have the credit they are due.