He1ac results

sugarlips

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all, I got my results back today, I've gone from 57% to 49%. I meant to ask what I should be at. Please forgive my ignorance but I figure this forum would be much more accurate than google

Reactions: JoKalsbeek

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope that you've got your units wrong there..
It's probably gone from 57 mmol/m to 49 mmol/m
T2 is considered 48 mmol/m or over and pre-diabetes is between 42 and 47 mmol/m
So a great improvement indeed.
If you can get below 40 mmol/m then that would be really good.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
let me clarify the two different units used to measure HbA1cs the older measurement used in the U.K. was a percentage the newer one the one @bulkbiker quotes is mmol/mol. Here are the ranges:
  • HbA1c below 42 mmol/mol (6.0%): Non-diabetic
  • HbA1c between 42 and 47 mmol/mol (6.0–6.4%): Impaired glucose regulation (IGR) or Prediabetes
  • HbA1c of 48 mmol/mol (6.5%) or over: Type 2 diabetes

sugarlips

Type of diabetes
Type 2
let me clarify the two different units used to measure HbA1cs the older measurement used in the U.K. was a percentage the newer one the one @bulkbiker quotes is mmol/mol. Here are the ranges:
  • HbA1c below 42 mmol/mol (6.0%): Non-diabetic
  • HbA1c between 42 and 47 mmol/mol (6.0–6.4%): Impaired glucose regulation (IGR) or Prediabetes
  • HbA1c of 48 mmol/mol (6.5%) or over: Type 2 diabetes
Thanks for clearing things up,
My nurse was pleased with the results so it does look like I've mixed the units. I didn't want to ask her, I have autism, recently diagnosed and some days are much better than others for asking questions

Reactions: Rachox

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for clearing things up,
My nurse was pleased with the results so it does look like I've mixed the units. I didn't want to ask her, I have autism, recently diagnosed and some days are much better than others for asking questions
We're always here if you have any questions.. and often give better more complete answers than HCP's...

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Very well done! Keep up the great work.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You are doing really well with the weight loss and reduction in your HbA1c. Keep up the good work and remember you can always come here for help and I hope your recovery from surgery is speedy.

sugarlips

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks Rachox , I'm just off out for my night walk, only about half a mile but baby steps and taking every positive that comes my way

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, I got my results back today, I've gone from 57% to 49%. I meant to ask what I should be at. Please forgive my ignorance but I figure this forum would be much more accurate than google
Well done! That's a great improvement. :)

sugarlips

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've just noticed my post title, my apologies but predictive text has an uncanny ability to make an idiot of me. Thanks everyone for your help . Chat soon !

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've just noticed my post title, my apologies but predictive text has an uncanny ability to make an idiot of me. Thanks everyone for your help . Chat soon !
No way you look like an idiot with this improvement of your hba1c, no matter how bad predictive text scrambles your words!

MartinK9

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fantastic results, well done on all your hard work.