Type 2 Headache and sore eyes after fundoscopy

dipakotak

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had a fundoscopy this morning
as since I got diagnosed with T2 about 20 days ago, I have been suffering from blurred vision. Good news is that I have very slight damage to my eyes and will be going back in 2 weeks for an eye test to get glasses.
I have been suffering from a headache since morning and the back of my eyes hurt too. Has anyone else experienced this?
Light seems to hurt my eyes more and not getting much relief from painkillers. :(

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
I had a fundoscopy this morning
as since I got diagnosed with T2 about 20 days ago, I have been suffering from blurred vision. Good news is that I have very slight damage to my eyes and will be going back in 2 weeks for an eye test to get glasses.
I have been suffering from a headache since morning and the back of my eyes hurt too. Has anyone else experienced this?
Light seems to hurt my eyes more and not getting much relief from painkillers. :(
Hi dipakotak,this is fairly common for us t2's,the neropathy to the nerves can affect anywhere in our bodies,your eyes will be blurry until your bs's stabilise,when i was first diagnosed my feet were very painfull,but after about 5 months of lchf regime my bs's dropped from 26.8 to todays average of 4.0mmols,and my neuropathy disappeared! I would be cautious buying new glasses as your eyes will settle down again once you get your bs's to normal,the key is eating and testing to our meters, most posters here are happy getting to the 5.0 mmols range.clive

dipakotak

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for your response @Clivethedrive. I feel relieved to know that this is just temporary. When diagnosed my BG was 22 and I have managed to get it to about 6 to 7. Working on getting it to a steady 5.
Will hold back on glasses for now. :)

Reactions: 2 people