Headaches?

tobyp

Hi - is it common to get headaches with T2 diabetes?

I'm recently diagnosed, controlling with diet and exercise. My main symptom (along with tiredness at the end of the day) is often a headache/fuzzy head. My sugars are generally <8 so not that high.

Had me googling brain tumours in the middle of the night (yes I know it's daft) but would be reassuring to know others' experiences.

Cheers all...

ssb1bickel

I have a newly diagnosed 12 year old with the same headache complaint. So far no one has any usefull treatment info. Vast numbers of folks that have this problem.

Lady P

tobyp said:
Hi - is it common to get headaches with T2 diabetes?

I'm recently diagnosed, controlling with diet and exercise. My main symptom (along with tiredness at the end of the day) is often a headache/fuzzy head. My sugars are generally <8 so not that high.

Had me googling brain tumours in the middle of the night (yes I know it's daft) but would be reassuring to know others' experiences.

Cheers all...
i had a recurring headache every morning, would feel fuzzy and tired, drained and generally like my pillow was made of concrete! i went to the docs several times to be told all the different types of headaches and nothing for them. Then one doctor said my sugars were a little high and trialed me on metformin as my diet was fine, but found it v hard to lose the weight. Once i took the metformin my headaches stopped - best day of my life!!!! for years i suffered and now i dont get them! ;-)

my bloods range from 6 ( on a good day) to 12-13, but mainly around 8/9 mark. Ido get a headache if im higher, then its time to get the water out!

im T2.
hope u feel better soon x

Lady P

ssb1bickel said:
I have a newly diagnosed 12 year old with the same headache complaint. So far no one has any usefull treatment info. Vast numbers of folks that have this problem.
im fighting docs at the moment with my 9yr old and headaches and dizzyness - nightmare!!
feel your pain!!

Jokeeble1987

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been told suffering from headaches is due to blood sugars rising and falling rapidly. For example of you have a hypo and then blood sugars rise to be really high.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Lady P

Jokeeble1987 said:
I've been told suffering from headaches is due to blood sugars rising and falling rapidly. For example of you have a hypo and then blood sugars rise to be really high.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

im type 2 - drs tell me i cant have hypos or hypers! i disagree!

tobyp

Thanks for the replies guys, it's reassuring to hear other comment.

I'm resisting the Metformin for now, hoping that diet and exercise will work for me but it's a struggle and I may have to give in.

Cheers for the support though.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
I cant say that I remember suffering from headaches even when first diagnosed with bg at 29 mmol/L. But thats not to say that others will have, I am not normally prone to headaches anyway.

yoda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I used to get headaches , Type 2 diagnosed , HBA1C is 6.4 diet only ...... I had headaches for years . looking on web sites wont help .I was convinced that I had a brain tumor ..... even telling the doctor that I had a brain tumor ,hahahaha ,there are so many things that can give headaches , a simple effective remedy I find is Hydration , drink as much water as you can ......throughout the day this hydrates , vasodilates the vesels and brain ....which is like a sponge . you may be dehydrated by the evening , cos you haven`t had enough water !!!!
Might help you, try it !
Resist the Metmorphin , I am on diet only , yes , its a struggle as you say , but .......YOU CAN DO IT !!!!!
All the best , :thumbup: