Heart

Dippydolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So can diabetes make you have rapid heartbeat it’s happened a couple of times now my hear starts racing and I can feel it in my neck

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Possibly, when I was diagnosed, I had a fast heart rate, I was given beta blockers.You should have this checked out.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So can diabetes make you have rapid heartbeat it’s happened a couple of times now my hear starts racing and I can feel it in my neck
Rapidly changing blood sugars, like a fast spike or a hard drop, as well as hyper and hypoglycemia, can impact the heart this way. You'll want to check what your sugars are doing with your meter to be sure. If blood sugars seem alright though, or if at any time you feel uneasy about this, go see your GP. We can't diagnose on here, just hazard guesses... Alas. Hope you'll feel better soon!

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ring your GP for advice particularly as it has happened a couple of times. My husband has AFib and is on medication to control it however his heart rate still occasionally races and increased to 180 bpm one day which meant a long night in A&E.