Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Garchap962!?!

Welcome to the forum - can you advise what medication your taking and what type of diabetes you have ?

I am type 1 so taking insulin, heat opens up the capillaries so any insulin I take gets to work a lot quicker and hypos come thick and fast, I have to reduce my ratio as well as check more often to avoid them, yesterday I managed 3 and woke up at 3.3 this morning, so looking forward to rain later ;)

Reactions: porl69

Garchap962!?!

Hi @Garchap962!?!

Welcome to the forum - can you advise what medication your taking and what type of diabetes you have ?

I am type 1 so taking insulin, heat opens up the capillaries so any insulin I take gets to work a lot quicker and hypos come thick and fast, I have to reduce my ratio as well as check more often to avoid them, yesterday I managed 3 and woke up at 3.3 this morning, so looking forward to rain later ;)
Type 2 tablets

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Type 2 tablets
There's Metformin, which doesn't usually cause hypo's, and Gliclazide, which does. And a whole world of variations and brands between those two. Always be specific when mentioning medication, or advice can be wrong and potentially extremely harmful.

That said, my blood sugars get bouncy too when it's hot. If you go too low, a few dextro's or jelly babies should see you sorted, though some juice or sugary soda (not diet) would be quicker. If you're on gliclazide, you might want to discuss adjusting your dosage with the gp.

Take care of ypurself eh, and test heaps!!!
Good luck,
Jo