Hello one and all.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi,

My name is Ray and I am a Diabetic.

I have have diagnosed with Diabetes since 10th August 1999 (I am quite certain I had it for several years before diagnosis)

It has been a struggle to get where I am today - I have been in denial over the past 10 years that this horrible affliction wasn't as bad as they say it is.

The truth is - it is as bad as they say it is - in fact in dealing with newly diagnosed people I would ensure they were aware that Diatetes WILL change your life totally and without proper control many aspects of your health.

I have had laser eye surgery 3 times now and worry about sight loss - at least I am starting to take it seriously now.

I will now plunge into the posts!

Ray

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Greetings and welcome to the forum, Ray. You certainly have got a lot to read here. You will probably find the search facility useful. Happy reading. :)

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hi Ray and welcome to the forum, hope you find some of the topics here useful :D

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya ray and a really warm welcome to the forum :D

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Ray.
Welcome to the Forum. Have a good look around and enjoy ! :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi Ray and welcome to the forum! :)

Nigel