Hello! Quite the tale to tell...

Tonk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone o/

Been living with type one for almost 12 years now (since 16) and am at a point now where I feel I have learned a lot about growing up with Diabetes, and being diagnosed at an age where I can remember life without it, that hopefully I can do some good for the community!

I have been a professional actor for 5 years which has been an interesting journey for my diabetes and have had to come up with crazy coping methods (Who knew that some Dry Ice was basically liquid maple syrup and thus had an affect on my levels during a show).

I've got quite the tale of hope to tell with regards to pump funding which i'll post in the relevant place on the forum so if that's something you're interested in then look out for my post over there!

Look forward to meeting you all!

May your body be healthy and your levels low friends.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello and welcome @Tonk :)

I have to confess my favourite type 1 actor is James Norton :) !!!

Great to have you on board and look forward to hearing more about your t1 journey.

Tonk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well everyday is a school day. Didn't even realize he was! Love him even more now :D

Reactions: Knikki

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Hello everyone o/

Been living with type one for almost 12 years now (since 16) and am at a point now where I feel I have learned a lot about growing up with Diabetes, and being diagnosed at an age where I can remember life without it, that hopefully I can do some good for the community!

I have been a professional actor for 5 years which has been an interesting journey for my diabetes and have had to come up with crazy coping methods (Who knew that some Dry Ice was basically liquid maple syrup and thus had an affect on my levels during a show).

I've got quite the tale of hope to tell with regards to pump funding which i'll post in the relevant place on the forum so if that's something you're interested in then look out for my post over there!

Look forward to meeting you all!

May your body be healthy and your levels low friends.
Hi @Tonk, I always salute those who've been riding the beast for so long.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hi @Tonk. In my experience dry ice is frozen CO2 great for putting in washing up liquid solution for crazy mad scientist bubbles.

Reactions: Tonk