Hello

magsmch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
drama
Hi everyone,my name is Mags, new to the forum and recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.
looking forward to reading all your advice and tips.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome.
Sorry to hear of your diagnosis but this is a good place to start.

First advice - get a BG monitor - home health offer the cheapest with affordable strips. Test everything you eat so you understand what affects you. Keep away from the carbs.

Can highly recommend the Diabetes Code by Jason Fung - he’s a clever guy.

Best of luck x

Reactions: EllieM

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone,my name is Mags, new to the forum and recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.
looking forward to reading all your advice and tips.
Hello @magsmch ,
Sorry about the diagnosis, but good to see you've found this place. @Debmcgee has it exactly right. Get yourself a meter, so you know how certain foods affect you. (Test before a meal and 2 hours after the first bite. You're looking for a rise of no more than 2.0 mmol/l. If it was higher, the meal contained more carbs than you could process). And yeah, cut the carbs... Which seems hard at the face of it, but turns out to be quite simple when you set your mind to it. https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/the-nutritional-thingy.2330/ should help get you started, should you want to give it a go.

Can you tell us a little more? What was your HbA1c for instance? (If you don't know, it's really worth it to keep track of exact test results. It helps you to know where you've been and where you're going. Very motivational!). Is there anything you've had trouble with so far?

Anyway, welcome... And I hope you'll find us somewhat useful. :)
Jo

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
Hi and a huge welcome to the best diabetic site there is!
Once you start to navigate your way around you will see how helpful and amazing it is on here!

magsmch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
drama
Welcome.
Sorry to hear of your diagnosis but this is a good place to start.

First advice - get a BG monitor - home health offer the cheapest with affordable strips. Test everything you eat so you understand what affects you. Keep away from the carbs.

Can highly recommend the Diabetes Code by Jason Fung - he’s a clever guy.

Best of luck x
thanks for the advice I will do

magsmch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
drama
Hi and a huge welcome to the best diabetic site there is!
Once you start to navigate your way around you will see how helpful and amazing it is on here!
thanks so much everyone has been really nice