Help! -a Great Low-carb Opportunity In Parliament

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It was a No Frills save the NHS some dosh approach, which is probably the best way of presenting the case to MP's. I have no issues with what was said At least 3 of the presenters are local to me but I have not met them. Well done getting the message out is what I say. Thanks to all who organised it and presented it.

I see this site got a good plug too. Yay! Way to go!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for this @DCUKMod.
I wonder if we can get a list of MPs attending? My MP didn`t even acknowledge my emails, let alone reply to them.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for this @DCUKMod.
I wonder if we can get a list of MPs attending? My MP didn`t even acknowledge my emails, let alone reply to them.

I just searched the Parliament website and couldn’t find a list, nor was one listed on the APPG’s Wordpress page. Have emailed the public contact point for the APPG to ask for a list. Will report back.

My MP did send a personalised reply to my email (it’s somewhere upthread) but wasn’t able to attend.

Reactions: Pipp and Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I didn't get a reply from my MP either. I did see her and asked why I hadn't, and she said her office gets hundreds of emails and letters every day and it takes 28 days to send replies! I still haven't got a reply and will raise this with her when I next see her.
I will forward the link to the APPG report to her too.

Reactions: Pipp

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I didn't get a reply from my MP either. I did see her and asked why I hadn't, and she said her office gets hundreds of emails and letters every day and it takes 28 days to send replies! I still haven't got a reply and will raise this with her when I next see her.
I will forward the link to the APPG report to her too.
Great idea, @Prem51 . I will forward the link to my MP, too.
I will also remember her not even acknowledging my emails next time she is looking for my X next to her name.

Reactions: Prem51

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My MP initially made no reply, but when I emailed to query this I actually received a snail mail letter, personally signed by him, apologising. He was unable to attend due to other commitments but said he would make it his business to read the minutes etc. Pigs might fly, but at least I got the letter.

Reactions: Prem51