Help! -a Great Low-carb Opportunity In Parliament

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Mine actually replied to say he would attend. I was quite surprised, since he's never agreed to do anything I've asked him before.

Send him an email on the day saying you are looking forward to hearing what he thought.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got a letter back from my MP, David Drew which says he has put the event in his diary and will do his very best to attend the event although he has numerous conflicting engagements on that day. He is very supportive of this cause.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had the generic response from my MP Trudie Harrison - not sure if she even got to see my email :(

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve just resent my email as I haven’t even had an acknowledgement of receipt :(

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve just resent my email as I haven’t even had an acknowledgement of receipt :(
Nothing back from mine , either. I will remember that when it comes to election time.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Finally received a reply!

“Dear Rachel
I am just checking with Anneliese's researcher whether she is able to attend.
Best wishes
Senior Caseworker
Office of Anneliese Dodds
Member of Parliament for Oxford East”

I hope she checks quickly as tomorrow is the day!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I also have received no response, not even an acknowledgement, so have sent another off today, making it clear the event is tomorrow.

Reactions: dbr10

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I sent the email again. Disgusted at not having an acknowledgement, never mind a response.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nothing back from mine , either. I will remember that when it comes to election time.
Mine is a really good MP :) That's why I voted for him. I knew he would reply; he replied when I contacted him about something a while back. I just hope he can get to the meeting.

Reactions: dbr10 and Prem51

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't twit though @bulkbiker. ;)
I've become a real twit recently...

don't all jump in at once!

I’m on Twitter, but really am a Twit, I’ve never worked out how to use it properly! I’ve never ‘twitted’ or ‘retwitted’. I have managed to ‘follow’ Jason Fung, Tim Noakes and David Unwin though! :joyful:

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I received an email to say my email had been received. Yesterday I got a reply from my MP explaining that he had other commitments on the day that the event is taking place, however he did suggest that I can contact the organiser to request minutes from the meeting, does anyone know who would be the best person to contact in this instance? I am willing to make the contact requesting these but am not sure who the organiser is.

librarising

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
A heads-up for those on Twitter that Dr David Unwin can be followed there. His twitter name is @lowcarbGP.
Other possible names to follow on Twitter :
Dr Aseem Malhotra @DrAseemMalhotra
Dave Feldman @DaveKeto
Ivor Cummins @FatEmperor

Geoff (no one's getting my Twitter handle)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I received an email to say my email had been received. Yesterday I got a reply from my MP explaining that he had other commitments on the day that the event is taking place, however he did suggest that I can contact the organiser to request minutes from the meeting, does anyone know who would be the best person to contact in this instance? I am willing to make the contact requesting these but am not sure who the organiser is.

Just a fleeting visit to the forum just now, but can you find a contact via this link:
https://diabetesappg.wordpress.com/2018/05/15/next-meetings/
Sorry I don’t have time to look just now.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Just a fleeting visit to the forum just now, but can you find a contact via this link:
https://diabetesappg.wordpress.com/2018/05/15/next-meetings/
Sorry I don’t have time to look just now.
The APPG website shows the joint secretaries of the group as Liz McInnes MP and John McNally MP.
Their email addresses are [email protected] and [email protected]
I suggest you email them asking for the minutes be sent to your MP.