Help cant stop being Sick

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello, I've got type 1 diabetes and I've been sick.
The insulin I've taken for dinner has now made me blood sugars drop. Every time I try to bump them up, I'm sick on the drink I have.
My bloods been going up and down from 3.3 to 4.7. But every time it rises I'm sick.
Help! Any suggestions? I'm feeling pretty tired and ill

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Can you suck glocotabs or similar without vomiting? Otherwise seek medical help.

Reactions: SarahlouiseEllis

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Can you suck glocotabs or similar without vomiting? Otherwise seek medical help.
So glad someone has answered this young woman thank you Diakat.K

Reactions: Diakat

lou258

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey if you have ketones and Cant keep anything down I’d go to a&e. Better to be safe - and I was told this by my dsn so don’t worry about feeling like you shouldn’t! Hope you feel better soon

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You need to contact your medical practice and seek help.Its very important not to get dehydrated so keep sipping water.But the important thing is to get the advice of a doctor.A and E if you don't get through to your doctor.You could also look at sick day rules for type 1s on this website there's a clear chart for type 1s.......but you need to contact a doctor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Granny_grump_

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
You need to contact your medical practice and seek help.Its very important not to get dehydrated so keep sipping water.But the important thing is to get the advice of a doctor.A and E if you don't get through to your doctor.You could also look at sick day rules for type 1s on this website there's a clear chart for type 1s.......but you need to contact a doctor.
Thanks again Glenmac I read ''tis cry for help and went into panic mode tried all over forum couldn't find information I needed to help her. I'm awful these days with coping in a crisis. K

Reactions: Glenmac

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, please let us know you are ok,and the advice you have been given.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi @SarahlouiseEllis
are you able to give us an update on how you are doing / feeling now.

himtoo
xx

Reactions: Granny_grump_

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If you can't keep water down suck ice cubes. I'd also get to hospital - last time my ketones were that level I had to go in. Not for long though, just for rehydration purposes. All the best x