help have i got irritable bowels or diabetic diarrhoe

craigg007

hello
please could someone tell me the diffrence between diabetic diarrhoe and irritable bowls
a few years ago this started with really bad diarrhoea pains in my tummy and messing myself if i dident get to the toilet on time and when i belched it smells like rortten eggs and really bad acid from my tummy up. i went to see my doctor in my home town and he said it was my nerve endings in my bowels had gone he gave me immodium suffered it for a bit longer then i moved to a new town the doctor there gave me codeine phosphate they worked on and off but the last week or so ive had it really bad so i went to see my doc again and told him enoughs enough fed up of not eating feeling weak and suffering really bad acid from my belly up so he told me he wanted a blood test sto test me for cromes and my bowels ect so i went yesterday to find all the things he was testing me for was ok. but he sed it could be irratable bowels or diabetic diarrohoe. so what is the diffrence between the two and iam still not sure if it is irretable bowels what i have can anyone help me out

craig

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
I'm glad the nasty possibilities have been ruled out. I suggest you review your diabetes control & see a dietitian. You could have a food intolerance.

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I think thatBernst4ein has written on the subject of gastric problems aaused by diabetes. I'm pretty sure he used a simple, but unconventional treatment.Look for a doctor who has studied Bernstein.

ChocFish

Craig have you considered trying kefir, it helps with all kinds of digestive problems, do a search on here (see search box in the top right hand corner) and also on google.

I hope you feel better soon.

Karen

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
Hi Craig,
Ask your GP for a blood test, you may have Coeliac Disease, its where the your body cannot tolerate gluten found in wheat, oats, barley and rye. Symptons include unexplained diahhorrea,tummy cramps, wind, bloating, general feeling of unwellness, you can also loose weight. My son was diagnosed feb '07 a year after being diagnosed T1. If a blood test comes back positive they'll do an endoscopy of the gut to confirm it. I hope it's not, but it would be something else to rule out.
Take care.
Suzi x