HELP INSULIN PROBLEMS

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi again @cuxy88 My guess woukd still be insulin resistance, for what it's worth.

I know some Type 1s have this, and some take additional meds for it (eg Metformin) Has your consultant suggested anything like that?

Also, have you had things like thyroid problems, PCOS, etc ruled out?

cuxy88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi again @cuxy88 My guess woukd still be insulin resistance, for what it's worth.

I know some Type 1s have this, and some take additional meds for it (eg Metformin) Has your consultant suggested anything like that?

Also, have you had things like thyroid problems, PCOS, etc ruled out?
No thing like that thought it myself but doc said impossible to get insulin resistance and nothing else been ruled out but blood coming back normal

Sent from my SM-T555 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
No thing like that thought it myself but doc said impossible to get insulin resistance and nothing else been ruled out but blood coming back normal

I'm not a medical professional but I understood that Type 1s could get insulin resistance. I think it's referred to as 'double diabetes' sometimes - Type 1 plus the Type 2-like insulin resistance. It might not be that, of course, but if it was me, I'd push a little more for info about that. Maybe start a thread here asking? Or try your DSN?

I know you're really keen to get your BS down, so even if it wasn't insulin resistance at least you'd rule another thing out and be closer to an answer.

cuxy88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'm not a medical professional but I understood that Type 1s could get insulin resistance. I think it's referred to as 'double diabetes' sometimes - Type 1 plus the Type 2-like insulin resistance. It might not be that, of course, but if it was me, I'd push a little more for info about that. Maybe start a thread here asking? Or try your DSN?

I know you're really keen to get your BS down, so even if it wasn't insulin resistance at least you'd rule another thing out and be closer to an answer.
Thanks I will, dsn not got back to yet today will ring again tomorrow

Reactions: 2 people