Help me with my marmite addiction

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My daughter and husband are in the democratic republic of Congo and the last time that they e
We're home we all trawled the shops for Marmite in plastic jars so that they take a stock back on the plane !
Carol

Reactions: EllieM

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just got my jar of Marmite in the shopping - medium sized jar. Em found it in the cupboard and decided to try it after a break of a year or more. She just sat and ate 2 tsp of it with apparent enjoyment. Must now dig out the required nuts and make my Marmitey nuts.

Reactions: hankjam and EllieM

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Marmite is what I add to soups and stews for that umami flavoring.
People think I am weird because I love brussels sprouts. They are the only food I sneaked into a total food replacement diet.
What improves sprouts even more? Parboil them, when they are cool, cut them in half, and fry in butter with a teaspoon of Marmite melted in.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
What improves sprouts even more? Parboil them, when they are cool, cut them in half, and fry in butter with a teaspoon of Marmite melted in.
Sounds delicious. I love brussels sprouts.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Mmh, was going to try that, but you've just made me realise that the sprouts were missing in my online shop today. I hadn't noticed!!

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Marmite is what I add to soups and stews for that umami flavoring.
People think I am weird because I love brussels sprouts. They are the only food I sneaked into a total food replacement diet.

Excellent Post
love them both, so going to try this soon.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Excellent Post
love them both, so going to try this soon.
I ought to have mentioned, I get the pan really hot and use equal amounts of butter and marmite. A teaspoon of each is enough for about 20 sprouts. Mix the butter and marmite together in the pan until the marmite melts then toss in the sprouts on a high heat and stir. The marmite butter mix gives a crisp coating to the sprouts. Ihaven’t tried it, but I guess it would work with other veg like cauliflower.