Approved Help Needed: Anonymous Online Survey

Zijie Xie

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi everyone,

I'm writing to invite you to participate in an anonymous online survey that I'm currently conducting. The survey aims to gather insights into users' experience of using health websites. It should take approximately 10 minutes to complete, and your responses will be completely anonymous and confidential.

If you're interested, please click the link below to access the survey: https://lboro.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/investigating-users-experience

If you have any questions or need more information about this study, please feel free to contact me at: [email protected]

Thank you in advance for your time and contribution. It truly means a lot!

Best wishes,
Zijie

Reactions: JoKalsbeek

Zijie Xie

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have received 563 questionnaire responses to this anonymous online survey, which is good. However, 92% of the respondents were between the ages of 18-29, leading to a sample bias in the study. This means that the results of the study may represent mainly the preferences of younger adults.

Now, I urgently need more participants over the age of 30 to complete the anonymous online survey. Anyone can take part if you have searched for any information on the health website in the last 6 months.

Can anyone help me?
https://lboro.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/investigating-users-experience

Also, do you have any ideas or suggestions for me to find more participants?

Zijie Xie

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
【Presentation of Survey Findings】
Based on the responses of 563 participants, a significant 79.5% of them frequently utilise their smartphones as their primary tool for seeking health-related information.

Furthermore, approximately 68.3% of these respondents typically spend merely a few minutes per session while browsing through health websites.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hi @Zijie Xie I had a look at your form.

My issue is that though I read a lot of health websites, I normally access them via google. So I might add an nhs to a search to get nhs specific advice, but the search isn't via the website portal...
So can I still fill in your form...?

Zijie Xie

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi @Zijie Xie I had a look at your form.

My issue is that though I read a lot of health websites, I normally access them via google. So I might add an nhs to a search to get nhs specific advice, but the search isn't via the website portal...
So can I still fill in your form...?

Hi @EllieM, thanks for your help and question. Yes, you can fill in the online survey! People usually tend to access websites via Google.

By the way, would you also be interested in participating in my online interview (my second study)? If so, you can register your participation via the link below: https://lboro.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/online-survey-and-invitation-for-online-interview

• Informative
Reactions: EllieM