Help please

shez

Really confused had bacon egg and mushroom at 12.30 before sugars were 7.3 2 hours later 7.1 checked them again at 6 5.8 had to go out so haven't eaten since lunch just checked them before my dinner at 7.55 and I am getting 9s why ?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you tried washing your hand and re-testing.. could be a rogue reading.

miszu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Im not an expert about T2s, but my t2 grandma tends to go high when she doesnt eat for long... But when I get unexpected highs I always go wash my hands and retest. Hope ur okay. X

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
This is possibly due to liver dump. The liver receives messages that blood glucose levels are falling because you havn't eaten for a long time (just as when we have been asleep) and dumps glucose from its reserves into the bloodstream to use as fuel.

shez

Tried the washing my hands and using the other hand so I guess I haven't eaten enough should of grabbed a snack before I went out

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Which is a good thing as it helps to clear out the excess glucose held in the liver..

Aye, it's a bit like the housekeeping, darn thing needs to be tidied up every day.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Also, what were you doing while you were out? Anything stressful, stuck in a traffic jam or fighting your way around Friday night crowds in Tesco?! I find stress puts my sugars up :confused::shifty::meh:

Reactions: OrsonKartt

shez

Also, what were you doing while you were out? Anything stressful, stuck in a traffic jam or fighting your way around Friday night crowds in Tesco?! I find stress puts my sugars up :confused::shifty::meh:

I was freezing waiting for the children in need rickshaw challenge bike to arrive in town live on the one show
I didn't think we would be out as long as we were

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I was freezing waiting for the children in need rickshaw challenge bike to arrive in town live on the one show
I didn't think we would be out as long as we were
You needed that glucose then!