Help!! Weight loss advice needed

Shazzle80

Hey folks. Just quick one really. I’m really struggling to lose weight despite eating 1400 calories a day, walking 10,000 steps and running twice a week. In fact. I’m putting weight on and it’s really upsetting. It’s not muscle mass as my clothes are seriously tighter. Has anyone with T1 had success with weight watchers or slimming world? For the first time in 5.5 years I’m feeling low. Current medication - humalog, metformin and tresiba

Thanks in advance xxx

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've never used WeightWatchers or Slimming World (or any slimming club), but my post will bump your thread up to the top of the lists for visibilty.

Good luck with trimming up.

Reactions: Jenny15

dougscrewe

Hey folks. Just quick one really. I’m really struggling to lose weight despite eating 1400 calories a day, walking 10,000 steps and running twice a week. In fact. I’m putting weight on and it’s really upsetting. It’s not muscle mass as my clothes are seriously tighter. Has anyone with T1 had success with weight watchers or slimming world? For the first time in 5.5 years I’m feeling low. Current medication - humalog, metformin and tresiba

Thanks in advance xxx
Hello

What is your current diet? I have been type 1 for 36 years and the difficulty has been to lose/keep my weight down irrelevant of the exercise taken. Been eating low carbs with a reduction of insulin for the last 8 weeks and have lost half a stone. I am 9n humalog too. Retaining fat is one thing my diabetes has always done. Its not easy.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
First, don't worry about calories as they are largely irrelevant. You do need to worry about the carbs and keep them as low as you can. balance with enough proteins and fats to keep you feeling full. Slimming clubs aren't necessary unless you want the motivation from a group. Following a low carb higher fat diet is really all you need to do.

Reactions: Jenny15

MikeyU

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Problems with losing weight whilst on diet and strenuous exercise regime may indicate thyroid problems, Hypothyroidism or Hashimoto's disease. May be worthwhile to consult a physician and/or getting TSH, T4 and T3 levels tested.

Reactions: SimonCrox