Help with hot flushes

cjohnson

Dislikes
Spiders and other similar creepy crawlies
Hi everyone

Been a while since I've posted but have been watching and listening! Anyway now seem to have goodish control but have suddenly started having hot flushes again, will be the dreaded menopause again, sorry chaps. Used to take black cohosh but liver consultant went apopleptic when I told him I had used these and said never let them darken my doorway again so..........anyone got any ideas?? I have used Boots Menopause Plus before being diagnosed but just not sure what is safe with metformin. Thanks in advance for any help :D

CJ

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
CJ,at this time of year flushes are a positive advantage!!keeps you nice and cosy in the winter time! :D

cjohnson

Dislikes
Not when they are happening every half hour for five minutes - I'm running out of deodorant and friends :lol:

CJ

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Oh dear that is a bit excessive! I honestly don't know what to suggest as I never took anything for it.I know some go on HRT but that is not something I would contemplate.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Some swear by Vit B supplements.Maybe a Japanese diet as apparently Japanes women don't get menopause symptoms.

stuartclose

Morning everybody

Well, I have been a Type 2 for just over 8 years, all this time I have been having hot flushes day and night.

My gp has kindly had me on a low dose HRT with explanations about other health issues including diabetes, couldn't have got through otherwise, now told must stop this year - trouble is she says I may be menopausal for another 5 years - and they say this is the time of your life!!

Night times are worse, sometimes my hubby gets out of bed and lies on top and I go and sit in the Bathroom to get cool.

Take care everyone.

Pauline

Amanda Hugankiss

Dislikes
Chaos
CJ I use the Superdrugs own brand menopause plus stuff, and the pharmasist went over the ingredients carefully for me, telling em that it was ok with my list of meds. I am fairly happy with the results, cutting my flushed by about half I think.

A

cjohnson

Dislikes
Thanks for all the replies. Called in at Boots today and got the pharmasist to check out the ingredients and all seems OK with metformin so given their own version a go again as they worked well before and reduced flushes to one every week or so!

Thanks again, cj