Help with understanding the FreesStyle Libre 2

thewestiesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If the low alarm signal went off and the sensor glucose was 4.9 I know you would then do a blood glucose test but if that showed 5.9 what would this mean?

Last edited:

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. The default setting for the Libre 2 alarm is 3.8 mmol. If this hasn't been changed then the alarm shouldn't have gone off for 4.9 or 5.9. Check the setting and if it's 3.8 then the sensor is faulty? Check whether the alarm event on LibreLink shows the BS value. Mine gave a spurious alarm this week for 3 .8 when my graph was not near that value and was obviously a sensor error (or me lying on the sensor at night?)

thewestiesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. The default setting for the Libre 2 alarm is 3.8 mmol. If this hasn't been changed then the alarm shouldn't have gone off for 4.9 or 5.9. Check the setting and if it's 3.8 then the sensor is faulty? Check whether the alarm event on LibreLink shows the BS value. Mine gave a spurious alarm this week for 3 .8 when my graph was not near that value and was obviously a sensor error (or me lying on the sensor at night?)

Hi there, I am so sorry but I didn't explain that I've got the low alarm set to 5.6mmol because I'm trying to get some hypo awareness back.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I know you would then do a blood glucose test but if that showed 5.9 what would this mean?
The blood test is generally deemed to be more accurate and decision as to whether you need to treat a low should normally be based on the blood test

Reactions: thewestiesmum

iallaway

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there, I am so sorry but I didn't explain that I've got the low alarm set to 5.6mmol because I'm trying to get some hypo awareness back.
Hi Sorry to jump in on this but I have RH so what would be the best setting for me on the libre 2 bearing in min I am a lorry driver and need ny BS above 5