Help!!!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's interesting. I think I'm gonna go back and see if they will do another blood test . I only went to the Drs because I had a rash on my face and ended up with low iron, blood cells too compact and pre diabetes.

Good idea, but do print out some details of why you may need a fructosamine test rather than an HbA1c, and a snapshot plasma venous glucose test. I hope you do get a meter, then you can test before eating and 2 hours first bite and show these levels to your doctor.

Reactions: Alison Campbell

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Your right , I get to work and do myself a nice glass of iced water. Then we get so many customers that I just never get the chance to have more then a sip..
And my mistake the jellies are no added sugar jelly by Hartley. I looked at the ingredients and thought they looked ok.
They are OK for me - I've been eating them for a long time.

Reactions: dbr10 and Suzypuzy

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A very fine way to get higher iron levels is drinking water with some lemon in the same meal as you eat your red meat...

broccolli spinach and kale and red and green peper also have very much iron in them and parsley if you put a lot of parsley on your hot meals it will also help you get enough iron ...
the important thing to know of iron is that human need vitamin C in the same meal as the iron to uptake the iron... many of the vegs with very much iron also contain vitamin C but we do uptake it better from meat ...

Lampman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you I will pop out and grab a meter tomorrow and keep an eye on my levels.

Having your own meter is the only way to be sure what is going on. When you have readings, ask on here about how your levels are. Your food choices are certainly reasonable, but with a meter you can find out what each is doing to you. Also you will have some ammunition if you need to go back to the doctor. Many of us here control our condition quite well with just careful eating and exercise. You may notice many threads moaning about doctors and others who deal with diabetics. Find out all you can before seeing them, knowledge is power!

Horsham109

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, just wanted to let you know of something I have found with Sudafed which I took to try & help with a cold - it sent my sugar levels very high! Just wanted to let you know so you are aware.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Why type of anaemia? Iron or B12?
Please check you are getting enough of both.
B12 may not be in abundance in your foods and can give some jittery feelings...

Suzypuzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hi, just wanted to let you know of something I have found with Sudafed which I took to try & help with a cold - it sent my sugar levels very high! Just wanted to let you know so you are aware.
Thank you, so far I've stuck with ibruporhen.

Suzypuzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Why type of anaemia? Iron or B12?
Please check you are getting enough of both.
B12 may not be in abundance in your foods and can give some jittery feelings...
Just iron I think , I find it difficult to avoid constipation on the tablets. And don't take them everyday . I've got an appointment on Wednesday at Drs to see what's going on.

Dark Horse

Unless symptoms are very serious, it's often a good idea to follow a '2-week rule'. It's not unusual to feel 'a bit off' with a subclinical infection which may get better within a couple of weeks without treatment. If symptoms persist, then a GP visit to investigate is a good idea.

Obviously I'm not talking about symptoms associated with heart attack, DKA, meningitis etc. which need to be dealt with immediately.

Suzypuzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Unless symptoms are very serious, it's often a good idea to follow a '2-week rule'. It's not unusual to feel 'a bit off' with a subclinical infection which may get better within a couple of weeks without treatment. If symptoms persist, then a GP visit to investigate is a good idea.

Obviously I'm not talking about symptoms associated with heart attack, DKA, meningitis etc. which need to be dealt with immediately.
I've been feeling off for nearly 3 weeks now, luckily today has been a better day despite the heat.

Reactions: donnellysdogs