alikensu2

my girlfriend is here and shes basically been asleep all day execpt when i brought her eggs in a tortilla with cheese and 1 bacon strip and 1/2 a dr pepper with ice. she started that time of month earlier and was feelin bad but we just chaulked it up to that time of month. now shes thrown up all over the place and feels sick. i know these are signs of high blood sugar. what do i do, she doesn't check her blood and has been diagnosed with diabetes. she did for a lil bit but stopped cuz shes lazy.

bigsi1984

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Call the NHS helpline for advice but if you’re really worried get to A&E. Don’t just leave it either way.

edan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Ask her to check her bg, ring 111 if unsure what to do.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Has girlfriend got testing kit with her?

I girlfriend a T1 diabetic? If so, has she been injecting?

Kittycat_7_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Could be food poisoning, please get her to test.
If it's very high call 111 if in the UK, if in anotherCountry seek emergency advice.
Testing can hurt if done incorrectly etc. This may be why she doesn't test.
Do let us know how she is.
Thanks

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
@alikensu2 Hi there can you give us an update on her condition ?

Her symptoms sound like ketoacidosis which means she needs to be seen by a doctor, if she is not testing then it sounds like she's not injecting insulin either which means she runs a very high risk of developing ketoacidosis, this is a dangerous state for a diabetic to be in. She may well need counselling to cope with her diagnosis but at present the priority is to seek help, in the meantime avoid sugary drinks and carbs, water is the best drink to help her flush through ketones. Please let us know how she is ?

Reactions: Blip22

Blip22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Double speak
Too high, too low, ketoacidosis, all of the above. Shame not to test blood sugar as this would give a clue. See a Dr get some appropriate tests. And Love her. X