Help

Liftupjoe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Last night I fell asleep and missed my Tresiba night injection so without thinking this morning I gave my full amount of 20 units instead of 1/2. So just question is what should I do tonight when I’m due to give my normal shot before bed ??? Do I give less, miss it ????

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Last night I fell asleep and missed my Tresiba night injection so without thinking this morning I gave my full amount of 20 units instead of 1/2. So just question is what should I do tonight when I’m due to give my normal shot before bed ??? Do I give less, miss it ????

Hi, I would probably keep testing my BG to see what the effect it has has on my BG, and may mean less Bolus when I eat, but the best thing would be to phone or email your DSN for advice.
I will tag these Type 1's who may be able to help @kev-w @becca59 @karen8967 @Marie 2 @LooperCat

Reactions: Liftupjoe and kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning and ouch, I did this once with Tresiba, had the full jab in the morning and again at night but tested more frequently, I can find 'Flexibility in dosing time • Always follow your doctor’s recommendation for dose. • Use Tresiba® once each day, preferably at the same time every day. • On occasions when it is not possible to take Tresiba® at the same time of the day, it can be taken at a different time of day. Make sure to have a minimum of 8 hours between the doses.' here https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.2944.pdf.

Also https://www.tresiba.com/staying-on-track/get-support-and-information.html indicates the 8 hours gap too, you'll be ok but test more :) and good luck.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Liftupjoe

Firstly don’t panic, I used to use tresiba before my pump, take your dose tonight as usual.

Tresiba is a very forgiving basal as it lasts around 36 hours, which means if you miss a dose you can take it as usual when you remember, and it won’t cause an issue, it’s also a pretty stable profile too.

Keep testing regularly to monitor your levels but really there is no need to worry.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i would take your dose as usual but as others have said just keep testing i have done this myself :)

Reactions: Liftupjoe