HGV licence and blood meters...

FarmerSam1996

Hi all, I’m a type 1 lorry driver and I’ve finally received my licence back after a 10 month wait... my question is... because I have to have 3 months worth of glucose readings on my meter if it were to break would they still be able to download the data? I have a spare meter but it’s been made clear to me if they don’t see 3 months worth everytime they check they won’t sign my forms. The law and the dvla is so grey and confusing in this area. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks In advance

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I don't know the answer to your question but many meters allow you to upload/backup your data to a computer and/or the cloud. Maybe see what's available for your meter and consider changing to one with more features if yours doesn't allow remote backup.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Probably not my consultant only visually checks the meter he has no equipment

I take great care of my meter in the lead upto my appointment

Once your license expires you can continue to drive on the expired license for 12 months so long as your renewal paperwork is received

Keep a spare meter.... of the same type do 2 tests on it a day.. morning and bed time.

This way you have a meter with the bare minimum legally.. you can then start using it if needed you can also delay the consultant appointment if needed to get a few extra readings on the meter

But just be careful with it