Hi All

byrona

I am 62 years of age and just been diagnosed with Diabetes Type 2. Fortunately over last six months my weight has come down from 22 stone to 15.5 stone due to my new job I get plenty of exercise and a balanced diet. Yes my GP explained briefly about Diabetes but the nurse was a complete waste of time only to refer me to a dietitian at my local hospital, which has now sent me a letter stating that they will contact me when my name comes to the top of the list. The thing that is frustrating me is am I eating the right things to help my diabetes

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya and welcome to the forum,
if u post a rough idea of a days diet we may be able to help you,
have a good look around and feel free to ask lots of questions :D

brendan998

Hi Byrona
I'm nearly 1 week old to this and although I'm still confused and get mixed messages, this forum has stopped me feeling alone.
Good luck

Brendan

dragongirl

Hi Byrona and welcome. We all find it less lonely once we find ourselves here, so you'll find plenty of help. Isn't it funny how they stress the need to sort out our diets (whether we agree with that diet or not) and then tell us to wait months to see someone. I had the same experience and still haven't been called up! For me, that would have meant another three months doing whatever I was doing, if I hadn't landed here. So curl up with your laptop and have a good read and then see what you want to ask! Everyone's dead friendly and helpful.
DG

byrona

Hi all
Thanks for the replies, at the moment my diet is mainly very lean meat and 3 small potatoes with greens or salads and I did find some Diabetic crackers for a snack. Having read some of the the bulletin boards it is nice to see there are what I would call friends who I am sure will be able to help and reassure me, that is very nice to know