Hi All

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You are on Gliclazide I assume from your original post? This drug can cause hypos, especially when you eat low carb. It is also law that you need to inform the DVLA if you haven't already done so. There are very clear rules about driving. I am not sure what they are, but they are quite stringent and require you to test before you drive and every 2 hours during a journey. I think it may be under 5, don't drive. Maybe someone taking insulin can advise you on this.

Your dizziness and sweating may have been a hypo, but could also be high blood sugars. The symptoms can be similar. Did you test to see what your levels were? If not, you will never know now. It could also have been something completely unrelated to diabetes. Always test when you feel odd like that, and always test before you drive.

1spuds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I went down 15 lbs in 15 weeks eating low carb/high fat.Also got my fingerstick blood levels to normal person range.That said I got dizzy and BP fell.Im currently down 75% on BP med.

Point being,keep your medicines well reviewed and bring all your symptoms to your DR as your current meds may need adjusting as your body is changing.

My changes happened so quickly so being vigilant....is a good thing. o_O

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Paul1067

You are on Gliclazide I assume from your original post? This drug can cause hypos, especially when you eat low carb. It is also law that you need to inform the DVLA if you haven't already done so. There are very clear rules about driving. I am not sure what they are, but they are quite stringent and require you to test before you drive and every 2 hours during a journey. I think it may be under 5, don't drive. Maybe someone taking insulin can advise you on this.

Your dizziness and sweating may have been a hypo, but could also be high blood sugars. The symptoms can be similar. Did you test to see what your levels were? If not, you will never know now. It could also have been something completely unrelated to diabetes. Always test when you feel odd like that, and always test before you drive.
My doctor said i dont need to inform dvla for type 2?? Do you mean because i may have had a hypo?

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

chrestomanci

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hunger
Dear Paul
I was terrified at first too but not now, thanks to the lovely people on here. I also recommend dietdoctor for recipes. Agree, I learned so much more good stuff on here than from my doctor too!

Paul1067

Hi everyone, long time no speak, which is good as it must mean I'm fit and well! Well i thought i was!
Just had diabetes review, ie: bloods and telephone consultation, my blood sugar levels have gone up by 17 since first diagnosis to 70. Cholesterol high and fatty liver almost as much of a shock as my first diagnosis, my doctor has now put me on a new drug called ' empagliflozin'. He also warned me of the numerous side effects, which don't seem good. Has anyone any experience of this medication?

Cheers

Paul