Hi Everyone

LauraT

Hi there,

I am Laura. I have been type 1 diabetic for about 15 years now (I am 28 just now). My control has been reasonable throughout my life (when I was a teenager I went through the stupid not doing injectiosn stage) and my health is pretty much OK. I always go to my diabetic clinic appointments and do my injections. I eat reasonably well as well. The one thing is that lately I have become a bit complacent with it - "oh I've been a diabetic for so long - I can tell when I am hypo-ing or my levels are high without having to test my levels".

My husband and Ihave decided that in about 6 months we would liek to try for a baby and so I realised I needed to take my health more seriously. At my last diabetic clinic appointment I spoke to my Dr about this and was told to start keeping a diary. I have been doing this for 2 weeks now and am so frustrated by it all. I have successfully managed to hypo at least once every day and just don't seem to know what I am doing anymore!

I am currently on Humalog and Lantus but I don't think the Humalog agrees with me (my levels are shooting down with it but not straight away - normally exactly 4 hours after I have done my injection). Have calle dthe diabetic clinic to see if I can see someone sooner as at the moment I feel like I am in a constant state of hypo and it's no good so am hoping I can see the nurse sooner rather than later.

Anyway - that was a bit rambly but hey. Hello everyone. I will more likely than not be posting loads of stupid questions that I should really know the answer to (apologies in advance).

L.xx

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya laura and a warm welcome,
if you dont feel suited to your insulin, what about asking to change?
also are you carb counting when u inject at meals,
hope we can help :D