Frankie-A

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Out of tune singing
Hi everyone.

My name is Frank. I was born in China and came to New Zealand when I was four. Most of my working life has been in journalism, with a few years in communications/PR. I really like writing. I was diagnosed diabetic around 10 years ago. At first I controlled it with diet and exercise, but after about five years this stopping keeping my blood sugars under control. Within a fairly short time I was maxed out on Metformin and Gliclazide, but I was also having significant side effects. I went onto insulin around two years ago and things have been better since then.

About two years ago I was an endocrinologist and he did some tests for antibodies to see if I was LADA. However, the test results seem to have disappeared. All the evidence, however, points to LADA. He recommended that I go on insulin.

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Frank. Welcome to the LADA sub forum. Many of us were originally misdiagnosed as Type 2 and later diagnosed with LADA.

Smidge

Reactions: 2 people

Frankie-A

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Out of tune singing
Hi Frank. Welcome to the LADA sub forum. Many of us were originally misdiagnosed as Type 2 and later diagnosed with LADA.

Smidge
Thanks Smidge
In my case anyway, you'd think being reasonably slim would be a bit of a clue.